Sgeir, pronounced scare (meaning reef), is a very attractive two-bedroomed conversion of part of our traditional stone farm steading, overlooking the reef on the beach to the west and its beautiful evening sunsets. Sgeir is the perfect base for a relaxing nature-based family holiday. Sgeir adjoins Muran cottage, and it is formed from the part of the buildings which once contained the piggery.
Key information for Sgeir Cottage:
- Ensuite double bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Open plan kitchen/dining/living area
- Separate bathroom with shower
- Property is heated by storage heaters
- Bedding and towels are provided
- Patio doors open onto secluded garden, hundred yards from the beach
The living room area has a TV, DVD player and radio with CD player. There is complementary wifi provided and whilst we will do everything possible to maintain service, it can’t be guaranteed as it is reliant on the broadband provider, and subject to a policy of reasonable use.
The kitchen facilities include washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, fridge-freezer, oven hob. An iron and ironing board are provided.
Electricity is an additional cost over and above the rental for the property. Readings are taken at the beginning and end of your stay and the cost is deducted from your security deposit, please see Bookings for more details. From 2022 (and including Christmas and New Year 2021), the electricity is included in the rental price.
Please note we have a no smoking and no pets policy in all our self-catering properties.
Key Information, Prices and Booking
- Kintra is 4 miles from the nearest village (and therefore nearest shops, pubs, restaurants, etc.).
- Kintra is not on a public transport route.
- We have a no smoking policy and no pets policy within all our self-catering properties.
- There is complementary wifi provided and whilst we will do everything possible to maintain service it can’t be guaranteed as it is reliant on the broadband provider and subject to a policy of reasonable usage.
- Sgeir has 2 Bedrooms and sleeps 4 people.
19 December 2021 – 1 January 2022 £800
1 January 2022 – 2nd April £750
2nd April – 16th April £800
16th April – 28th May £750
28th May – 5th June £800
5th June – 2nd July £750
2nd July – 3rd September £800
3rd September – 15th October £750
15th October – 22nd October £800
22nd October – 24th December £750
24th December – 7th January 2023 £800
- Kintra cottages and apartment at Kintra Beach are available year round and generally available to let on a Saturday to Saturday basis. We can offer short breaks outside peak periods. Please email us with your dates.
- Before making a booking, please check whether we have availability for your desired dates.
- If your dates are available, please provisionally book in the online calendar below. Available weeks show green, which indicates this period can be booked. When provisionally booked, the colour will change to yellow, meaning your booking is pending. When your payment has been received the booking will be confirmed and your booked period will show red in the calendar.
- Our payment method is by Bank Transfer. Details required for payment will show up on checkout during the booking process.
- It is recommended you take out travel insurance which provides cover for holiday accommodation cancellations as well as ferry and plane disruptions and cancellations. Timetables and transport plans can change due to adverse weather or ferry breakdowns.
- It is strongly recommended you book your transportation as soon as possible following accommodation booking confirmation.
- At point of booking, a 25%, non-refundable, deposit is required.
- We will also need you to complete our Booking Form which we will send you upon receipt of 25% deposit.
- A provisional booking will only become confirmed once deposit and fully completed booking confirmation form has been received. Please note, if no deposit is received within two weeks of provisional booking being made, the dates will be released again.
- The remaining balance is due 6 weeks prior to stay. If your booking is within 6 weeks of the stay, then the full amount is due.
- If a guest has to cancel a booking within 6 weeks of the stay, payment will be refunded only if a replacement booking is secured for the cancelled booking.
- Access to property from 4.00pm (if early, please feel welcome to park and enjoy the beach). Property to be vacated by 10.00am on day of departure.
- Rental period is from Saturday to Saturday.
- For 2021 bookings (excluding Christmas and New year), electricity is not included in rental price. From 2022 (and Christmas/New Year 2021 bookings), electricity is included in the property rental price.
- Please note we also require a security deposit of £50. Your security deposit will be returned to you 7 days after your departure unless there has been any damage or breakages or additional cleaning, the value of which will be deducted.
Availability and Booking